POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lighthouse : Re: Lighthouse Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:17:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lighthouse
From: Marc Jacquier
Date: 8 May 2004 11:35:06
Message: <409cfe2a@news.povray.org>

409cd6c8@news.povray.org...

> Yipee!!!! Comes just in time for a scene I have in mind!!!!!  :-))

I'm glad that can be usefull for somebody :-)
I look forward to see your scene.

> Otherwise, I like the picture, and I think the swell is well rendered.
> Shouldn't the windphane on the lighthouse point landwards? Of course, the
> wind may have changed, and waves are pretty conservative once they are in
> motion :-0

Or maybe the axle is solden by rust :-p
No seriousely I didn't think of that, thanks for noticing it. but it should
be pointing offshore as it is facing the wind.

> What is particularly good is the green transparency in the background
swell.

Thanks I spent some time at tweaking the absorption and scattering colors

Marc